Thursday, June 14, 2012

Safe

I've been working on this one for MONTHS, not that the actual work was taking months (the drawing actually went by pretty quickly, when I was doing it) but it was well worth the wait and I'm glad its finally finished.

Overall, a valuable learning experience, the longest thing I've done, and in a way I haven't tried before.

Special thanks to Mr. Frank Santoro (http://franksantoro.tumblr.com/), a great teacher of comics. Please check out out his comics correspondence course, his approach to making comics (not just drawing comics) is very fresh and interesting.



2 comments:

  1. The scrolling system works well. Two horizontal panels don't have a centre, making it tough. You made it work very well. Funny with stylish art.

    Do you like Harvey Kurtzman? I have a few EC comics which I always stare at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It wasn't intended to be a scrolling comic, but it ended up that way somehow. I'm happy with the way that works.

    I love Kurtzman. His war stories in particular. Beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete